Terms and Policies 23 min read
Workli terms of service and policies are composed of the articles below. Please read and familiarise yourself with them.
- Terms of Service
- Your Content
- Your Obligations
- Coaching Partnership Guiding Principles
- Administrator Access to Your Content
- Workliapp’s Intellectual Property Rights
- Copyrights and Trademarks
- Modifications to the Service
- No Warranty
- Limitation of Liability
- Dispute Resolution
- Governing Law
- Data Transfer
- Entire Agreement; Severability; Waiver
- Our Collection And Use Of Information
- Information We Collect Automatically
- How We Share Your Information
- With Trusted Service Providers and Business Partners
- With Law Enforcement or In Order to Protect Our Rights
- In an Aggregate and Non-Personally Identifiable Manner
- In Connection With a Sale or Change of Control
- How We Protect Your Information
- Risks Inherent in Sharing Information
- Your Choices About Your Information
- Workliapp Blogs
- Children’s Privacy
- International Data Transfer
- Links to Other Web Sites
- Do Not Track Signals
- Acceptable Use Of The Service
Terms of Service
Last Updated: 05 May 2023 - Version: 2.0
The Service allows you to create project lines and associate to them information, text, files of various formats (e.g. in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Keynote, Adobe Illustrator, etc.), images, and other materials (together the “Content”) and to share that Content with others. You retain ownership of your Content, but by uploading it onto the Service, you are granting us a license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, publish, transmit, host and display that Content for the purpose of (i) providing you the Service and associated support; and (ii) analysing and improving the operation of the Service. We reserve the right to remove Content on the Service that violates our Acceptable Use Policy or these Terms or that we otherwise reasonably believe may create liability for Workliapp. We do not scan or sell your content for marketing purposes.
You must provide accurate information when you create your Workliapp account. You are responsible for safeguarding the password and for all activities that occur under your account. You should notify Workliapp immediately if you become aware of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your account. You must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy at all times when using the Service. You may never use another user’s account without permission. You may not disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Service or attempt or assist anyone else to do so, unless such restriction is prohibited by law. Our Service is not intended for use by persons under the age of 16. By using the Service you are representing to us that you are over the age of 16.
Coaching Partnership Guiding Principles
- Our coaches adhere to the Global Code of Ethics For Coaches, Mentor and Supervisors. We strongly encourage coachees to read and understand the GCoE.
- The Coaching relationship takes place outside of any formal appraisal process a coachee may partake at their place of work, as such, it will be separate to the coachee’s relationship with their employer. The Coaching relationship will be devoted to the development of a coachee’s deep work habits, which may or may not be used to improve the latter’s performance at work. The relationship that develops is personal in that a coach provides both professional and personal support. The coach will not:
- Evaluate the coachee concerning their current role at their place of work.
- Conduct a performance review of the coachee for their place of work.
- The coach will not benefit from the coaching partnership for intelligence gathering purposes.
- The coach and coachee will not enter into any new joint project for the duration of the partnership.
- All discussions that take place between the coach and coachee will be kept strictly confidential and will not involve any third parties unless requested by the coachee and/or coach and is agreed upon by both.
- When a coachee’s coaching programme is sponsored by their employer, some anonymised or aggregated information might be passed to the employer. Examples include number of coaching sessions attended, level of engagement with the programme, etc. No personal information will be shared.
- The coach and coachee are to:
- Demonstrate and establish honesty, integrity, respect and responsibility with the relationship.
- Recognise and respect each other’s strengths, opinions and differences.
- Clarify their expectations and roles within the partnership.
- Manage and agree on the logistics of the coaching process through Workli’s platform (workliapp) and other video chat support tools (e.g. Zoom, MS Teams, Google Meet, etc) to ensure meetings take place at the right frequency for the partnership.
- Agree on an exit strategy.
- Notwithstanding (e) both the coach and the coachee are empowered to walk away without issue at any point.
- The coach will:
- Create a safe, positive environment, where the coachee feels free to discuss issues openly and honestly, developing trust with their coachee, without them worrying about negative consequences.
- Suggest, not impose.
- Explore vulnerabilities without passing judgement.
- Listen first, then suggest and guide.
- Be flexible in their approach.
- Provide encouragement, support and demonstrate confidence in their coachee, particularly when they face a challenge.
- Explore strategies for overcoming problems.
- The coachee understands and agrees that:
- All advise and opinions by the coach are given in good faith and to the best of the coach’s knowledge and abilities.
- The advice and opinions are given without any implicit or explicit guarantees and that neither the coach, Workli -the deep work company, Working Set Ltd or workliapp accept liability for the advice and opinions given whether these are followed by the coachee or ignored.
- The coaching scheme requires time from the coachee to meet the coach and reflect on the actions and activities undertaken and the coachee commits to put the required time and effort into the Workli coaching scheme before, during and after each coaching session.
Administrator Access to Your Content
When you sign up for our Service, you associate an email addresses with your account. If you use an email address provided to you by a third party entity of which you are a part (such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) (each an “Entity”) you hereby grant that Entity and its administrator(s) permission to access, use, download, export, disclose, share, restrict and/or remove Content that you have associated with the email address that includes their domain. You acknowledge and understand that an Entity may elect to utilize one or more third party applications in connection with their teams’ use of the Service and that, by associating Content with an email address that includes an Entity’s domain, you are granting permission to have such Content shared with such third party application(s). You also acknowledge and understand that an Entity may restrict or terminate your access to Content associated with the email address that includes their domain. Please remember that you can associate a different email address with your Workliapp account, so you may want to consider associating personal Content with a personal email address.
We will use industry standard technical and organizational security measures in connection with the storage, processing and transfer of your Content that are designed to protect the integrity of that Content and to guard against unauthorized or unlawful access to, use of, or processing of such Content.
You are free to stop using our Service at any time. We also reserve the right to suspend or end the Service at any time at our discretion and without notice. We may also terminate or suspend your access to the Service at any time if you are not complying with these Terms or our Acceptable Use Policy or if you are using the Service in a manner that we believe may cause us financial or legal liability.
Workliapp’s Intellectual Property Rights
The Service (excluding Content provided by users) constitutes Workliapp’s intellectual property and will remain the exclusive property of Workliapp and its licensors. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding the Service is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
Copyrights and Trademarks
Workli and The Deep Work Company are registered trademarks. Copyright 2016 - . All Rights Reserved.
Workli respects the intellectual property rights of others and we expect our users to do the same. We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement if they comply with the law, and such notices should be reported to us.
Modifications to the Service
The Service may be modified from time to time, often without prior notice to you. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of such modifications. If you are not satisfied with a modification we make to the Service, your sole remedy is to terminate your use of the Service.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Workliapp and its licensee and licensors, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from your use of and access to the Service or the Software, or from or in connection with any Content uploaded to the Service through your account by you or a third party using your account with your knowledge or consent.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Workliapp IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT THAT YOU UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT MAY RESULT. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY THIRD PARTY APPLICATION OR SERVICE THAT PROVIDES ACCESS TO OUR SERVICE. The Service is controlled and operated within the U.K. Parts of The Service is hosted in Europe, the USA and elsewhere. We make no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in locations other than the UK. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable UK and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL Workliapp, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE, WHETHER OR NOT Workliapp HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. Workliapp’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATED TO THE SERVICE SHALL NOT EXCEED £100.
You agree that prior to filing any claim against Workliapp relating to or arising out of these Terms you will first contact us at
email@example.com to provide us with an effort to resolve the issue in an informal manner. No Collective Actions - ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR COLLECTIVE ACTION MEMBER.
The laws of the United Kingdom (UK) of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will govern these Terms. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded.
In connection with providing you the Service Workliapp may transfer, store and process your Content in the UK or in any other country in which Workliapp or its agents maintain or hire facilities or by hosting subcontractors (data controllers or data processors). By using the Service you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your Content.
Entire Agreement; Severability; Waiver
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Workliapp concerning the Service, replace any prior or contemporaneous agreements, terms or conditions applicable to your use of the Service. If a provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting as closely as possible our original intent. Workliapp’s failure to enforce any provision of these Terms shall not be deemed a waiver of its right to do so later.
These Terms and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment by you will be null and void.
We may provide you with legal notices and notices related to your account via email using the email address associated with your account. We may provide you with other marketing or business-related information, including information about Service updates or changes, via email or via our blog.
For questions about these or any Workliapp terms or policies, email us at
Last Updated: 4 October 2020 - Version: 1.7
In a nutshell, this is how we deal with your personal data and what your rights are:
- We use industry standards to store and transfer your data between our subsystems and our subcontractors.
- We do not scan or sell to third parties your content, not for marketing and not for any other purpose.
- The personal data we collect about you is the bare minimum we require to be able to provide you with the service and we do so under the legal basis called “Legitimate Interest”.
- We only collect your email address, name, photo, IP address from where you access Workliapp, browser and email client used (e.g. Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc), geo-location and such information that allows us to improve, debug and customise our service for you.
- We utilise cookies to refine your experience. You can block cookies in your browser at any time.
- We utilise world-leading, cloud service providers to run our service (e.g. Amazon Web Services Cloud provider, Heroku, Mailgun, Drift). This means that your content and personal data might transit between our systems and theirs for the sole purpose of delivering Workliapp functionality to you. These providers are also under the purview of the GDPR legislation.
- At any time, you have the right to cancel your account and delete all the data we hold of you.
Our Collection And Use Of Information
Information You Provide to Us
The lawful basis upon which we collect your personal information is “Legitimate Interest”. We collect the minimal amount of personal information that we need as to be able to deliver our service. We collect personal information, such as your name, email address when you register for an account on the Service. You may also provide us with optional information such as a photograph. Your user name, email address and any optional profile information that you elect to associate with your account is referred to herein as your “Profile Information”. We may use your email address to send you Service-related notices (including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail). We may also use your email address to send you announcements and information about other products or services (including third party services) that you may be interested in (together, the “Marketing Messages”). We do not sell your e-mail address to third parties. All our communications with you are done via the “Workli Engage” mailing list (
firstname.lastname@example.org) or one of our service’s email accounts (e.g.
email@example.com, etc). Even if you are not a registered user of our Service, if you email us we may retain a record of such email communication, including your email address, the content of your email, and our response. If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a friend to the Service, we will ask you for that person’s contact information, which may include their email address or their social network identity, and automatically send an invitation. Workliapp stores the information you provide to send the invitation, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service.
Your use of the Service will involve you uploading or inputting various content into the Service; including but not limited to: project lines, project trains, their names, project line members names and emails, notes, to do lists, files, conversations, etc (together, the “Content”). You control how your Content is shared with others via your settings on the Service. Workliapp may view your Content only as necessary (i) to maintain, provide and improve the Service; (ii) to resolve a support request from you; (iii) if we have a good faith belief, or have received a complaint alleging, that such Content is in violation of our Acceptable Use Guidelines; (iv) as reasonably necessary to allow Workliapp to comply with or avoid the violation of applicable law or regulation; or (v) to comply with a valid legal request. We may also analyse the Content in aggregate and on an anonymized basis, in order to better understand the manner in which our Service is being used. We do not scan content and we do not sell it to third parties.
Deleting Your Account
You have a right to delete your account and its associated data (together, “terminate”). If you want to terminate please notify us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your request, we will acknowledge and deactivate your account. We will then proceed to delete all the data we hold of you. This process might take up to 30 days.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain information in server logs. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and settings, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, mobile carrier, date and time stamp information, geo-location data and other such information. Log files help us to monitor, analyse, improve and maintain the Service and to diagnose and fix any Service-related issues.
When you access the Service using a mobile device, we collect specific device information contained in your mobile device’s “device identifier.” This device identifier includes information such as the type of device you are using, its operating system, and mobile network information, which may include your mobile phone number. We may associate this device identifier with your Service account and will use data associated with your device identifier to customize our Services to your device and to analyse any device-related issues.
We collect and process information about the location of the device from which you are accessing the Service. Location data may convey information about how you browse the Service and may be used in conjunction with personally identifiable information.
Do Not Track signals that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information about online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect from you with third parties as detailed below.
##### As Directed By You #####
With Trusted Service Providers and Business Partners
With Law Enforcement or In Order to Protect Our Rights
We may disclose your information (including your personally identifiable information) in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your information to our legal counsel, governmental authorities or law enforcement if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to do so in order to comply with a law or regulation; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect Workliapp’s rights or property.
In an Aggregate and Non-Personally Identifiable Manner
We may disclose aggregate non-personally identifiable information (such as aggregate and anonymous usage data, platform types, etc.) about the overall use of our Service publicly or with interested third parties to help them understand, or to help us improve, the Service.
In Connection With a Sale or Change of Control
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. Workliapp uses commercially reasonable and industry-standard physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your information. If you have any questions about security on our Service, contact us at
Risks Inherent in Sharing Information
Although we allow you control over your Content and what information is included in your Profile and take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the information associated with your account, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your Content and we are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service.
Your Choices About Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Service, in which case Workliapp may not be able to provide certain services to you. You have a right to access information we hold about you. You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. For questions or inquiries regarding the correction or deletion of your personally identifiable information on the Service you may contact us at
Information you provide in comments to our blogs is public and may be read, collected, and used by others who view those blogs. Your posts will remain even after you cancel your Service account. By posting to our blogs you are granting us full copyright access of your post.
Our Service is not directed to persons under 16. Workliapp does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an account on the Service. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at
International Data Transfer
Links to Other Web Sites
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We currently do not respond to “do not track” signals.
Acceptable Use Of The Service
Last Updated: 4 October 2020 - Version: 1.6
All users of the Workliapp Service are expected to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Disruption of the Service
You may not:
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, Workliapp’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Workliapp’s providers;
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measure;
- Access or search the Service by any means other than Workliapp’s publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping”);
- Attempt to disrupt or overwhelm our infrastructure by intentionally imposing unreasonable requests or burdens on our resources (e.g. using “bots” or other automated systems to send requests to our servers at a rate beyond what could be sent by a human user during the same period of time);
- Interfere with or disrupt the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Service, or by scripting the creation of Content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Service.
Misuse of the Service
You may not utilise the Service to carry out, promote or support:
- Any unlawful or fraudulent activities;
- The impersonation of another person or entity or the misrepresentation of an affiliation with a person or entity in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others (including impersonating other Workliapp users);
- Activities that are defamatory, libellous or threatening, constitute hate speech, harassment, or stalking;
- The publishing or posting other people’s private or personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, street address, national insurance number or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorisation and permission;
- The sending unsolicited communications, promotions advertisements, or spam;
- The publishing of or linking to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer; or
- Promotion or advertisement of products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization from us.
Content Standards Within the Service
You may not post any Content on the Service that:
- Violates of any applicable law, any third party’s intellectual property rights, or anyone’s right of privacy or publicity;
- Is deceptive, fraudulent, illegal, obscene, pornographic (including child pornography, which, upon becoming aware of, we will remove and report to law
enforcement), defamatory, libellous or threatening, constitutes hate speech, harassment, or stalking;
- Contains viruses, bots, worms, or similar harmful materials; or
- Contains any information that you do not have a right to make available under law or any contractual or fiduciary duty.
Violations of this Acceptable Use Policy
- In addition to any other remedies that may be available to us, Workliapp reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your account or your access to the Service upon notice (and in extreme cases without notice) and without liability for Workliapp should you fail to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you are a user of the Service under your employer or organization’s account, Workliapp reserves the right to notify your employer ororganisationn of any violations of this Acceptable Use Policy.
Workliapp may amend or modify this Acceptable Use Policy from time to time in its sole and reasonable discretion. We will post any such changes on our website. If you object to any such change(s), your sole recourse shall be to cease using the Service. Continued use of the Service following notice of any such changes shall constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
For questions about acceptable use or any Workliapp terms or policies, email us at